What is a Breast Lift Surgery?
A mastopexy is the medical term for a breast lift. It is a procedure where the cosmetic surgeon in Sydney, repositions the nipples and tightens surrounding breast tissue, gently changing your breasts shape which helps restore the volume of the breast. This results in a better-shaped breast, with less sag (ptosis).
When deciding on a breast lift, many Sydney clients tell us that they are unhappy with the orientation of their nipples or with the fullness and “perkiness” of their breasts. The process is a great way to remedy this, and also an excellent way to boost your self-confidence and self-image.
Do I need a Breast Lift?
As you age, your entire body changes. The skin elasticity around your breasts is especially affected due to the increase and then decreases in breast volume. The changes in this area may be caused by a number of factors, including;
- Gravity – Gravity can and will eventually cause your ligaments or other tissues in your breasts to lose their elasticity after chronic strain, and this can lead to sagging.
- Pregnancy – Your breasts naturally get heavier and fuller when you’re pregnant, and this also stretches your ligaments. The ligament stretching can lead to sagging breasts as their size reduces following giving birth, even if you don’t breastfeed.
- Weight Fluctuations – Weight changes can cause the skin covering your breasts to stretch, and this will eventually lead to a loss in your skin’s elasticity levels.
A breast lift at our Sydney clinic can help to position and raise both your nipples and the areolae, and it can also reduce sagging. Surgery can also reduce the size of your areolae, and this helps to keep them proportionate with your new breast shape.
There are a few factors that might drive you to consider a breast lift, and they include:
- Your breasts have lost their volume or shape, and they appear longer and flatter
- Your breast don’t have support, and your nipples fall below your breast crease
- Your areolae are out of proportion and stretched or point downward
- One breast is lower than the other
Why get Breast Lift Surgery at CSA?
We can perform breast lifts in our Sydney clinic, and we are adept at working with clients with breasts of almost any size. However, it is women who have smaller breasts that generally get longer lasting results. Since larger breasts are also heavier breasts, they may stretch out and sag again, even after the breast lift surgery.
Dr Darshn performs these operations using dissolvable invisible stitches that leave your incisions pencil thin after surgery. He understands that different ethnicities and skin types scar in different ways and will talk to you personally about the necessary steps he will take to ensure a result you will be happy with.
Dr Darshn specialises in scar management and will provide you with a post-operative routine to help give you the chance to have almost invisible scarring. After your procedure is completed you will go home with dressings and a post-op bra in place.
We offer Professional Breast Lift Surgery in Sydney
We can boast years of hands-on experience and thousands of happy clients here at Cosmetic Surgery Australia. Our professional and dedicated staff know how to maximise your results and achieve the full and perky breasts you desire. The free consultation will let you know exactly what you can expect from the process.
If you’d like our staff to schedule your consultation for a breast lift in Sydney, get in touch! We’re happy to answer all of your questions, address any concerns and help you set realistic expectations. We can’t wait to hear from you!